Thursday, December 17, 2009

Have you ever had one of those moments where you have an epiphany so epic that you realize you've been an idiot for way too long? I had one of those moments today.

Xavier is obviously out to get into Thomas's pants. And when you like someone, to get their attention you try to have common interests. Thomas isn't that bad of a guy. So why can't Thomas be our common interest? To get to Xavier, I have to be closer to Thomas than Xavier is comfortable with.

So I decided to go talk to Thomas and apologize for being such an arse. I knocked on his door rather authoritatively. He opened the door and his face remained expressionless when he realized it was me.

"Hey there, Thomas," I tried to say as normal as possible.

"Here to berate me for something?" He almost scowled. I don't think Thomas is really capable of scowling. He's just capable of getting close to it but being so shy that it doesn't come out right.

"You're a really nice bloke, I've realized. And I've been quite a tosser towards you. I just wanted to apologize." I told him and stuck out my hand. "What do you say, mate? Want to start over?"

Thomas eyed my hand suspiciously, wondering if I would pull something when he grasped my hand. After a few moments of inner battle, he finally accepted my gesture and shook my hand.

When we finished, Thomas asked, "What made you want to do this?"

"I try to be a nice guy. Just though I should apologize for being such a git."

"It's greatly appreciated," He returned with an almost-smile that made my heart jump into over drive. Seeing Xavier made me think about fucking him which gave me a hard-on. But seeing Thomas smile shyly made me feel like butterflies were trying to escape my stomach. The feeling confused and for a moment, I was unsure of what I wanted. But I shook the thought from my mind and returned to normal mode.

We were silent for a few moments. I didn't know if Thomas was one for hanging out or just casual talk in class. So I told him what I wanted him to believe instead beating around the bush.

"I want to be friends with you. Not 'Hey, Thomas, what mark did you get on your exam? Me too!' friends. I want to be good friends, close friends. And I don't know how one becomes good friends with you, so feel free to lead the way into friend ship town."

Thomas was silent for a few seconds. "What makes you want to be friends?"

"You are an interesting kid." This was not a lie.

"Whatever," Thomas mumbled. I smiled at his reluctance. Why, I do not know. I realized my confusion would not help the situation because I'd probably end up testing my feelings by kissing him or something and that would jeopardize the whole thing so I decided to retreat.

"Oh, wow, look at my watch. Is it that late already?" I said, using something so basic to escape. "I'd love to stay and chat but I have to go."

"It's like three in the afternoon." Thomas said to himself as I walked off and he returned to his dorm. I laughed to myself. This will be better than I expected.

2 comments:

  1. Him. UNF.

    "I don't think Thomas is really capable of scowling. He's just capable of getting close to it but being so shy that it doesn't come out right."- AWWWW. Okay, I'm lame. But that was really funny and endearing.

    And this entry was really cute. I love it when they interact.

    "Oh, look at my wrist; it's time to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This entry is one I really like. I'm glad Oliver ends up falling for Thomas because we never have cute relationships and with Xavier it would be interesting as well but this will be an adorable breath of fresh air.

    I really wanted to write that quote. I should have.

    They are very adorable when they interact.

    I almost used the "XD" face. I'm teaching myself restraint.

    ReplyDelete